Highly organized professional needed for Edmonton constituency office
THIS JOB COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
The office of Kerry Diotte, Member of Parliament for Edmonton Griesbach, is seeking a candidate to fill the full-time position of Constituent Assistant in Edmonton.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative and possesses strong interpersonal skills. The candidate must possess sound judgement and absolute discretion.
- General office duties
- Assisting constituents with requests pertaining to federal government departments
- Liaising with community leaders and organizers
- Monitoring key events and activities in the community, including local media
- Organizing the Members’ schedule in the community
- Occasional weekend and evening events with the Member
- Photography and videography at local events
Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- High level of interpersonal communication skills including professionalism on the phone
- Excellent writing, organizational and time management skills
- Works well as part of a team in a professional setting
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- Previous political work experience
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Photography and videography
- Social media abilities
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and writing samples to the attention of Sally Harris at: email@example.com
**We thank all for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. **