Benefits are available for you and your family
Canada Emergency Response Benefit
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) provides emergency support of $2000 a month for Canadians affected by the COVID-19 emergency.
You can apply here.
You can contact the department of Finance by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 613-369-3710.
Employment Insurance (EI) remains available for Canadians.
If you are sick or your employment has been affected by COVID-19 and you qualify for EI you can apply here.
- Waived the one-week waiting period for EI benefits.
- Waived doctor’s note requirement to access EI sick benefits.
For more information visit their website or contact EI’s COVID-19 phone line at (833) 381-2725.
Tax and benefit changes to help Canadians
- An increased Goods and Services Tax credit (GSTC) payment.
Average additional benefit will be near $400 for individuals and near $600 for couples. No need to apply eligible individuals will receive the benefit automatically.
- Increase to the maximum annual Canada Child Benefit (CCB) payment amounts, by $300 per child.
- Tax return date is deferred until June 1.
- Payment for taxes owed is deferred till August 31.
- Interest-free moratorium on the repayment of Canada Student Loans until September 30, 2020.
Learn more here.