1) In what Canadian province is the town of Witless Bay?
b) Newfoundland and Labrador.
2) What football team has won the most Grey Cups?
c) Toronto Argonauts.
3) Explorer Samuel de Champlain landed in 1604 at a location that’s now home to what city?
a) Saint John, New Brunswick.
4) What Canadian band had a hit single covering The Rolling Stones’ tune Under My Thumb?
5) The name “Canada” is said to have come from the Huron-Iroquois word, kanata.What does it mean?
b) village or settlements.
6) How many points are on a maple leaf?
7) How long is Canada’s border with the United States of America?
b) 8,891 kms.
8) According to digitalmusicnews.com<http://digitalmusicnews.com> what Canadian artist’s album had worldwide sales that outsold Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon, The Bee Gees’ Saturday Night Fever and the The Beatles’ album Abbey Road?
b) Come On Over, Shania Twain.
9) Of these three things, what was NOT a Canadian invention?
c) the Zamboni.
10) What celebrated Second World War Canadian soldier is reputed to have single-handedly liberated an entire town from the Nazis?
c) Leo Major.
11) How many Oscar awards were won by the movie Titanic, that was directed by Kapuskasing, Ont.-born James Cameron?
12) Why is Alberta’s James Gladstone famous?
c) Became first Indigenous Canadian senator when nominated by Conservative PM John Diefenbaker.