Conservative Opposition stood up to Trudeau for Canadians
Our strengthened Conservative Opposition has been holding the Trudeau government to account and delivering results for all Canadians. Together, Conservatives:
- Created the Special Committee on Canada-China Relations.
- Stood in solidarity with elected band councils and the Wet’suwet’en and held Justin Trudeau to account for his weak leadership on the illegal rail blockades.
- Ensured that the Auditor General will review the Liberals’ failed infrastructure program.
- Ensured that all of the Liberals’ COVID-19 pandemic spending will be audited, so Canadians know how their tax dollars were spent.
- Stopped Justin Trudeau’s massive power grab at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Called for the mandatory quarantine of all travellers and stronger border measures.
- Proposed constructive solutions to fix the Liberals’ COVID-19 aid programs, like increasing the CEWS from 10% to 75%, making the CERB more flexible so no one is penalized for going back to work, and making it easier to access the CEBA.
- Advocated for small businesses and workers, including proposing giving small businesses back the GST they remitted in the last year.
- Secured more COVID-19 support for seniors, students and expectant mothers.
- Demanded the Liberals support farmers, fish and seafood harvesters, and Canada’s oil and gas sector.
- Supported Taiwanese participation in the WHO.
- Successfully delayed the PMPRB regulations and launched consultations to ensure the Liberal government is actively listening to Canadians and putting patients first.
- Called for an economic update and for the funding the Auditor General’s Office needs so provide oversight of the government’s unprecedented spending.
- Stood up for democracy after Trudeau shamefully shut down Parliament and demanded its full return – the only party to do so.