Job Opportunity – Constituency Assistant
Are you a dynamic team player? Do you thrive working with community and political leaders? Are you a professional with a meticulous attention to detail?
The office of Kerry Diotte, Member of Parliament for Edmonton Griesbach, is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Constituent Assistant in Edmonton.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative and possesses strong interpersonal skills. The candidate must possess sound judgement and discretion.
- Reception and office duties
- Assisting constituents with requests pertaining to federal government departments
- Responding to requests to attend community-based events
- Monitoring key events and activities in the community, monitoring local media
- Organizing the Members’ schedule in the community
- Accompanying the Member to community events
- Photography and video at local events
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent writing, organization and time management skills
- Some post-secondary education and a background in basic research and politics
- Works well as part of a team in a professional setting
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- Previous political experience, social media and bilingualism will be considered assets
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to the attention of
Sally Harris at: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on Friday, July 1, 2016.
**We thank all for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. **